POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dark Triangles on Poser figures : Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:50:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dark Triangles on Poser figures
From: Alain
Date: 31 May 2004 18:48:20
Message: <40bbb634$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/31 17:57... :

>I'm playing around with some poser figures (Victoria 3) and I'm gettng dark
>triangles where the light turns to shadow.  I'm using a small area light and
>radiosity (count 100), and that still doesn't get rid of the jagged shadow
>lines on the figure.
>
>I tried using double_illuminate on the figure, but that just made "light"
>triangles show up in the wrong places (which is even worse).
>
>Does anyone have any more helpful hints?
>
>I'm going to try turning up some radiosity settings even higher, but that
>will take some time to render, and I'm not sure that I'm on the right track.

Use "normal on" in the radiosity settings. The poser figure is a mesh of
smooth triangles, and it use normal vectors to smooth the mesh. Normaly
radiosity ignore any normal. You can also add some off view white
surfaces to diffuse back some light into darker areas.

Alain